|This summer appearing at various Boston Harbor beaches Photo: by Joe Prezioso Courtesy of Save the Harbor/Save the Bay|
|with Tony Toledo and Andrea Lovett at HubBub on June 20th 2015|
Save the Harbor/ Save the Bay- I am, appearing as Mary Read, retired, cross-dressing 18th century pirate, near or, in Boston Harbor, or one of the beautiful islands. 10 -12 performances and workshops from July 2 - September 21st, 2015. Some details are: July 25th- Hull Harbor Illumination - possible appearance
August 2nd- Boston Seafood Festival at the Fish Pier 10:30am-5:00pm August 8th- Family Fun Day at Tenean Beach in Dorchester from 9am-11am August 14th- STH Youth Beach Bash and Splash from 10am-2pm AUGUST 22 Saturday at 1pm • Princess and Pirate Parade at Winthrop Beach. Details TBA Town Manager’s Blog or Facebook August 29th- Dorchester Beach Festival from 12pm-8pm - my performance time TBA
READ BOSTON Storymobile: A rocking literacy program in the City of Boston. Each storyteller has 3 shows per day at various sites around the city of Boston at 10am, 11:15am and 1:15pm. Listed below are a few readily accessed public sites and at the 11am show unless otherwise noted. See below and more info at Read Boston site.
- Mon July 13 - Mattapan Library, 1350 Blue Hill Ave, Mattapan
- Tue July 14 - Roxbury YMCA, 285 MLK Boulevard, Dorchester
- Tue July 21 - Tierney Learning Center, 125 Mercer Street, South Boston
- Wed July 22 - Kroc Center, 650 Dudley Street, Dorchester
- Thursday July 23 10AM TADPole Playground at the Boston Common, Boston
- Fri July 24- 10AM Children's Quarters, 36 1st Ave, and Charlestown Library, 179Main Street, Charlestown
- Mon July 27 - Salvation Army Learning Center, Dorchester
- Wed July 29- Billings Field, Centre Street and LaGrange Street, West Roxbury
- Fri July 31- Boston Nature Center, 500 Walk Hill Street, Mattapan
- Mon August 3- 10AM Copley Library, 700 Boylston Street, Boston Back Bay and 1:15pm Salvation Army 1500 Washington Street Library, South End
- Wed August 5 - Grove Hall Library, 41 Geneva Avenue, Dorchester
- Mon August 10 - United South End Settlements, 48 Rutland Street, South End
- Wed August 12 - 10AM Lower Mills Library, 27 Richmond Street, Dorchester
- Thurs August 13 - Connolly Library, 433 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain
Phinehas Newton Library, Royalston, MA July 20th, Monday at 10am in Royalston, MA - stories from the flora and fauna of Royalston with Norah Dooley
All Star Show at Club Passim - July 20th The massmouth All Star Show features 5 minute long stories by winners from 6 years of story slams in Greater Boston. These All Stars are storytellers who were finalists or winners in Boston story slam finals (The Big Mouthoff) with a cameo by Norah.
Norman Rockwell Museum - August 6th, Thursday 5:30pm Stockbridge MA features short stories on the themes "like family" and "in a different light". Featured tellers are Ben Cunningham, Tony Toledo and Norah Dooley will also lead a short workshop and open slam, as story slams head west from Greater Boston.
Roast and Toast & other fun! SATURDAY AUG 8th 2015 in Beverly MA • Write to Tony Toledo for details... Fanueil Hall - starting in June a storytelling series on Tuesdays at 10 am I am performing on July 7th, August 11th and October 27th.